When you’re buying seeds for your personal cannabis cultivation – it’s an important decision to make. The seed you choose will ultimately determine the exact phenotype grown, effects, potency, and quality of the plant. Growers Choice Seeds has been growing in popularity as one of the top seed banks across the industry, but does it live up to the hype? Here we dive deep into actual reviews, company details and perks, to find out. So, let’s learn more about Growers Choice cannabis seeds in our Growers Choice Seeds Review article, and if it can be considered one of the most trusted seed banks, around.
Growers Choice Seeds History:
Grower’s Choice Seed company is California based, and strives to be a west-coast influence on the cannabis lifestyle, and seed industry. Although in the US, they’re an international seed breeder that has a focus on health and wellness, with a wide range of cultivars for medical and recreational use. Not only is their team well-versed in cannabis, but have medical and horticulture experts on staff to ensure their cannabis seeds are multi-faceted for strong, healthy and potent plants.
One of the key features of Growers Choice Seed bank is their commitment to crafting unique and classic genetics with their seed selection. You’ll find the latest in the up-and-coming strains side-by-side with legendary genes, giving growers a diverse selection right off the bat. Another unique feature that adds to the company’s premium status is their cannabis seeds are all packaged in medical-grade glass vials, that are sealed for optimal freshness.
The company is set-on selling for ‘long-term’ customers and has grown quite the community of fans, and repeat purchasers on message boards. Like anything however, there are some naysayers who have had issues with the Grower’s Choice Seed company living up to their reputation. Most of the reviews, cite shipping delays, or issues with germination as a source of contention. But now, Growers Choice Seeds germination guarantee is helping to qualm the concerns.
Here are a few other key details about Growers Choice Seeds to keep in mind when comparing to others for purchasing –
- Offers extremely detailed instructions for germination of their cannabis seeds, to qualify for their germination guarantee.
- While they do cover the costs of the replacement cannabis seeds for their germination guarantee, the customer is responsible for the shipping costs.
- The seed bank offers wholesale or bulk pricing on large orders. You’ll have to contact customer service to inquire, but this is a key benefit for larger operations.
- Grower Choice Seeds guarantees germination at 90% which is higher than any other current seed bank.
- Their website is in-depth with growing information, and advice even featuring their own forum for growers to communicate and discuss growth together.
- Since Grower’s Choice seed company is based in California, their packages and cannabis seeds don’t have to go through the long customs process for purchasers here in the US.
- Uniquely, you can find Growers Choice seeds online and also in retail locations, which are searchable on their website.
Quality of Seeds From Growers Choice Seeds:
No matter what a seed bank says about themselves, it all comes down to the quality of their cannabis seeds when it comes to reputation. So, what do real purchasers have to say about the quality of Growers Choice Seed company? For the most part, the seed bank gets rave reviews. Many consumers note that not only do Growers Choice seeds for sale germinate quickly, but grow high-quality plants, too. As well as offer high quality On the flip side of things, there will always be negative reviews with positive reviews.
And, recently Growers Choice Seeds reviews have said that certain packs can be total duds all-around. Some reviews cite instability with strains too, noting that the same phenotypes will grow differently or lesser quality each bag around. Last but not least when reviewing the quality of cannabis seeds, is the concern of male and hermaphrodite plants when advertised as fully female. To be cautious, ensure you carefully monitor the sex of your plant if growing from Growers Choice Seed bank just to be safe.
If you learn anything from this Growers Choice seeds reviews post, you need to know they’ll have what you’re looking for! As for seed selection, Growers Choice Seeds is the cream of the crop with a wide range of high-quality options. Meaning, if you’re seeking those top-shelf premium strains that can be hard to come by, the seed bank typically pulls through. Their genetics come from in-house breeders across the Globe, which adds to their repertoire of classic and internationalized genetics. Because their team includes horticulture and medical experts, they specialize in strains that offer the best of both worlds for vigorous growth, and high cannabinoid counts for treatment specific ailments.
Below are the main seed categories that Growers Choice Seeds offers, and additional information you should keep in mind when deciding what to purchase.
Many growers prefer autoflowering cannabis seeds for indoor grows, due to their small stealth size and quick flowering nature. Grower’s Choice Seed company has a wide selection of auto flowering plants, but in the genetics you know and love. Allowing you to grow your favorite strains, like Growers Choice Gorilla Glue auto flowering, Northern Lights, Cheese or Blueberry auto flowering, too.
Of course, on the regular side of cannabis seeds feminized versions are ideal. That way you don’t lose time (or cannabis seeds) on sexing plants, and identifying males when they sprout. Grower’s Choice Seed company offers a plethora of fully feminized seed choices from trendy newcomers, to long-standing legends. In addition to feminized regular cannabis seeds, they also sell feminized high CBD strains, and feminized auto flowering strains, as well.
Again, with a versatile and well-versed staff in breeding, you’re treated to classic strains with a high CBD twist. Growers Choice Seeds for sale include high CBD versions of strains like Blueberry, ACDC and Critical Mass, along with others that are amplified in levels of CBD. They refer to their high CBD seeds as ‘medical cannabis seeds’ giving you a preview into the type of medicinal effects, the quality plants will produce.
Customer Service Overview:
Customer Service is big in any industry, but especially the cannabis seed game. Considering the purchase is so precious for shipping, typically comes with a high volume of questions, and can require some feedback after purchasing and the beginnings stages of growth. So, does Growers Choice Seed bank have a customer service department that’s robust enough to handle these types of request? Yes, and they do so beyond most buyer’s expectations.
In all the Growers Choice Seeds reviews, you’ll find very little negative things to be said about the customer service department at the brand. Even on their TrustPilot reviews site, each review – negative or positive, is replied to directly by the company. Showing that they go above and beyond to address any issues, even with the most disgruntled of customers who run to review sites quickly to complain without contacting them direct, first.
During regular business hours, Growers Choice Seed bank representatives are available from multiple avenues. Including –
- Or, social media messaging
This allows you to get in touch with someone who can help, with cannabis seeds purchasing questions or purchase issues, in an easier manner than most seed companies. Another special touch to the seed banks customer service offerings, is their in-depth website that delivers information you’d normally have to ask of others. The Growers Choice Seed company website is chock-full of helpful information, including lengthy descriptions for strains, detailed information on what to expect from purchasing, and helpful guides for growing, too.
Payment Options Offered From Grower Choice Seeds:
Again, at Growers Choice Seed bank they’re all about options. So, it’s no surprise they accept a variety of payment methods for growers to take advantage of, internationally or in the US. With a handy in-depth guide published on their website with detailed information on the choices they offer, and the ways to use them. Here’s a quick breakdown of each –
- Pay by mail – To be extra discrete, Growers Choice Seed company offers payment by mail which not many seed banks still do. If paying by mail, they’ll even reward purchasers by sending an extra 3 pack of cannabis seeds along with their original order. When paying for your order by mail, you must send a cashier’s check or money order, as personal checks and cash are not accepted. When you purchase with the pay by mail option, you’ll grant Growers Choice Seeds a 3-5 day period of time, where they will process the payment and initiate your package for delivery.
- Crypto – Cryptocurrency is the next best thing in the payment world, especially when purchasing seeds which you may want to be somewhat untraceable, or discrete. Bitcoin is the crypto payment method that Growers Choice offers to buyers, which is anonymous and secure. The website also offers step-by-step instructions to pay with the Bitcoin method which includes screenshots to follow along with, too.
- ACH Electronic Checks – While they offer ACH electronic checks or transfers directly from your bank, Growers Choice Seed company does not recommend it. The transfers can take up to 7 days, with processing and confirmation time, and the buyer will be subject to all fees associated with the transaction.
- Zelle or Mesh (USA Only) – Staying in-tune with the latest trends for payment options, Growers Choice Seed give buyers an additional option of using the popular payment apps Zelle or Mesh for transactions, too. This also negates transaction fees that are often associated with debit/credit processing, or ACH electronic transfers.
Like any big purchase Growers Choice Seeds also provides this additional information on their site as cautions to keep in mind when securing your transaction –
- No orders or products will be prepared for shipment until payment has been received in full.
- Prices on our website are in US dollars.
- Any bank transfer charges are the responsibility of the customer.
- Any credit card fees, exchange rates, processing fees, or service fees charged by the customer’s credit card issuer are the responsibility of the customer.
- In countries where Duty or Import taxes exist, these additional charges are the responsibility of the customer.
As for pricing, surprisingly for the quality of their operation and seed selection, Growers Choice Seeds is on the lower spectrum of costs. Their cannabis seeds are very reasonably priced, which also means they don’t advertise specials or discounts very frequently. So, if you’re looking for an all-around good priced seed pack, that’s high quality in nature, and you don’t have to wait for a sale to buy…then Growers Choice Seed company is for you.
Shipping matters and discretion for shipping is usually on the top factors to consider for new seed buyers. Especially in countries, or areas where the lines are blurred on the legalities of growing your own cannabis. Growers Choice Seeds takes their shipping, and customer concerns, seriously, with the utmost care and discrete nature for packaging and mailing their cannabis seeds. For cannabis seeds buyers in the US, since the seed bank is located in California you won’t have to worry, or have an issue with the packages going through a lengthy customs process.
If you’re an international customer, Growers Choice Seeds ships packages as discretely as possible with no extra charge like some other seed banks. Another perk about the shipping process at Growers Choice Seeds is their flat fee per package, no matter the location or quantity. This ensures there are no hidden fees, and you can easily determine what your pricing will be, no matter the type of order you place. The seed bank also rewards larger than normal orders, with free shipping for purchases over $200.
Here’s a few other notes to keep in mind, when it comes to shipping and deliver with Growers Choice Seeds –
- All US packages are mailed through USPS, and come with tracking information. The flat fee for shipping is $9.95.
- International packages are mailed as ‘Express Registered’ and come with a $30 shipping fee. This option includes tracking, and no signature is required to receive your package when it lands.
- Orders shipped out of the US come with an estimated delivery time of 7-25 days.
As for packaging, what you’ll see and get will depend on the type of order you place. The Growers Choice Seed bank website explicitly states, ‘we generally send our cannabis seeds in their original air-tight packaging, in some cases, we may need to remove the packaging to ensure safe and secure delivery, and we reserve the right to do so. All your products will be delivered in padded parcels to ensure they are not damaged during shipping.’
However, when reviewing Growers Choice Seed reviews, there were few issues with the way that the company packaged items. Even though many noted that shipping was often delayed or slow overall. On the plus side, all of their packages are stealth in nature without any brand labeling on the outside to give away what’s inside.
Website and Perks:
Last, but not least – how does the Growers Choice Seeds website compare to others? First off, it has a wide collection of grower advice, tips, and articles that help you produce the highest quality plants. Considering they also focus on being a ‘lifestyle’ brand, they publish regular culture articles and pieces that are helpful to those staying hip to what’s going on in the industry as a whole.
Even better, if you sign up for their email newsletter, you’ll get 10% off your first order and a chance to win up to $200 worth of free seeds each month. Unlike other seed companies, Growers Choice Seeds also offers customers a loyalty program where purchasers can accrue points for purchases, setting up an account, etc. and turn into discounts on upcoming orders. If you’re buying seeds frequently, this is another way to save on their already low prices.
The Final Word On Growers Choice Seeds:
I hope you’ve enjoyed our Growers Choice seeds review article! As you can see, there are negatives and positive factors to consider when deciding whether to purchase from Growers Choice Seeds. While they have a wide product selection, and a longstanding history – real-time reviews do share there have been issues with germination, and service-related issues. Like any company, there are bound to be issues running a smooth operation. Plus, this could just be a sign that not every order comes out perfect, when you’re outputting so many orders. Luckily, it seems that Growers Choice seed bank is more than willing to make things ‘right’ if they ever go ‘wrong’. Overall I’ve been very happy with my experiences with Grower’s choice seeds, and I still recommend them to all my friends!