Creating your own rosin from a cannabis flower is an extremely easy and rewarding experience that anyone who uses rosin should consider. It can seem overwhelming but it’s actually a pretty easy process that we’ll break down into step by step instructions below:
What Is A Rosin Press?
A rosin press is a device used to make solventless extracts and is commonly used to make cannabis rosin. It works by using heat and pressure instead of solvents like butane or CO2 to help separate cannabis rosin from a cannabis flower using heat and pressure. Through heat, the resin melts to release its oils which contain the cannabinoids from the cannabis flower, which are then pressed by the plates in the machine. The result is an extremely potent concentrate that can be dabbed or smoked in a joint or pipe. Rosin presses come in all different shapes and sizes, I have a guide on the best personal rosin press machines!
Advantages Of Rosin Pressing Over Other Methods
Rosin presses offer many advantages over other methods for extracting cannabinoids from cannabis plants:
-Solvent-free extraction keeps your rosin more natural and healthy.
-Quick processing time, you can create rosin from cannabis flowers within only a few minutes rather than hours.
-High yield of rosin compared to other extraction methods.
-Extremely pure end product (purer than BHO, pho/iso hash, even water-activated extracts).
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE ROSIN WITH A ROSIN PRESS
This is the equipment you will need to make rosin with a home press.
-A bud or nug of high-quality cannabis flower (medium grade works, but higher the better). The more trichomes the better because this is where all the cannabinoids are.
-A Rosin Press (duh!).
-A small storage container for the end result.
How To Use A Rosin Press –
The Basics of how to use a rosin press:
1. Take a nug of flower and put it between two rosin bags.
2. Close the bag with the flower inside by twisting the ends together. If your press came with an attachment that rolls up into a tube, use this for closure instead.
4. Put the bag into your press on top of one of its plates (don’t stack them). Some presses have multiple stages you can use to go from lower-temperature range to higher-temperature range for pressing for more yield and potency – but don’t worry about that now if you’re just starting out and want something simple and easy!
5. Press down hard until all air has been let out and there is no “give. Hold the pressure for the designated time provided by your rosin press.
6. Release pressure and allow your rosin press to cool before removing the rosin. Once cooled you can collect your end product and place it in the fridge if needed.
Final Thoughts On Using A Rosin Press:
Many of the rosin presses on the market are simple and easy to use. If you are someone who uses rosin on even a somewhat common basis, then it definitely makes sense to invest in a personal rosin press. They come in all sorts of price ranges, shapes, and sizes, so there is a rosin press for any needs!